Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 19th

So i haven't had a comp or internet for a few days but i really wanted to post this yestarday...
May 19, 1991 at about 730 am my dad lost his fight with cancer. He had passed away moments after i saw him at the hospital. Its a day i can never forget...no matter what i do i can still remember the feeling of rushing to the hospital that morning...the smells as we ran through the hallways to see my dad...and the sounds coming from his room...my mom crying, and my dad just fighting long enough to see me, he litterally died in my arms. Its something you never want to happen and at the age of 10 it happened to me. So today 17 years later i still get a lil wierd on this day. I had to go into class rooms and tell my story of my dad without breaking down and letting people know that this was the day he actually died. I didn't feel hungry most of the day just thinking about him... Its been 17 years now...it never gets easier. But i look at that situation and believe it shapped me to be the person i am today. I believe in my heart that God used his death in my life...By taking away my earthly father...i was able to meet my spiritual father, a father that will always be there for me. I truely miss my dad...buti rejoice in the fact that i have a father in heaven who knows me and what i need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heavy and very cool perspective about losing an earthly father to gain the Heavenly one.

Tram1 said...

It's weird to think that I have known you for a year now, and today, on the last day I will see you for what will be a very long time, I only now read this enormously pivotal part of who you are. Thank you for writing, for opening yourself up.

NASB

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page