Monday, September 28, 2009

ODST

ODST came out Tuesday September 22nd. On Friday Sept 25th I beat the game on Heroic. Now I am playing it out again on Legendary. Here is my review of the game and what I have played on it so far.

So as soon as I got the game I was excited. Many said its another Halo game…what’s gonna be good about this one…or whatever it doesn’t have the Master Chief so its gonna suck. Recently I’ve been getting more into the stories of Halo and reading the books. So I was supper excited to play this game. *SPOILER ALERTS!* I won’t give to much away but I will have some stuff from the game.

It starts out on the ship with your team of ODST ( Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) being prepped for the jump. As you jump, a slipstream disrupts you and your teams path. Then black…

You awaken and you start off. You play as the Rookie, but you encounter things that bring about flashbacks. During the flashback you play as other members of the team you were on. This is a unique part of the game. Each character is in there own unique situation and each one is trying to find other teammates. I think this brings a lot to Halo and the stories. We see Other soldiers who actually talk and have a story to bring…the Master Chief has a lot but we don’t see it in the first 3 Halo’s. Anyways this part makes the game fun. Fighting is different…you are not as strong so you have to take cover much more…the game has a different strategy because of this. Ammo is sparse so finding it and learning what will work (ex. Plasma to take down brute armor) is key.

The story of the Rookie is wide open…there are closed off areas of the maps but a lot of open space to explore as well. Hidden items and weapon caches are scattered through out the city. These are worth searching for and will come in handy. Grenades because your best friend as well. Sticky grenades are a quick way to eliminate enemies.

Firefight mode is new and fun. It’s basically a survival mode where enemies come and your goal is to not die. I was playing by myself and survived for over an hour before I had to go and eat…so that will be fun to get on live and play with people.

SO great game play…graphics are top…story is awesome. Overall…amazing.

Game play 9/10

Graphics 10/10

Story 9.5/10

Overall 9.5/10

Thanks for reading…more post to come.

No comments:

NASB

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page